Stop Animation Project, Gnomes

     

Stop Animation Project with point and shoot camera

"Gnomes Build A Ramp"

Video -   Stop Animation had been on my bucket list for many years.

I picked up a Nikon Coolpix S560 point and shoot camera for $5 at a flea market and discovered it had settings for take time lapse. By using a tripod... I had 60 seconds between every shot to move the gnomes an inch or so.

My son had just graduated from high school and left for the Marines. I got  his room all cleaned up and didn't know what to do with all of these gnomes he had collected over the  years. He said he didn't want them anymore.

Being the creative techie I am... light bulb moment!

I was just going to use one gnome when I started. After running a few tests, the project sort of evolved into a theme. The gnomes finding a way to look out the window waiting for their master, my son to come home.

(it's a mom thing... when your child leaves home for the first time.... all the memories of their childhood come rushing back)

I got more creative than I had intended... but it was a fun project and it help me forget for a while about my son possibly ending up in Iraq or who knows where.

Actually this did not take that long. The camera on the tripod automatically took the photos.  I just stepped out of the way when the red light flashed.

Once all of  pics were taken, I used the free stop animation software  "MonkeyJam".  It took all of the images and made the video in no time.

I was able to add music by using windows movie maker. btw... I'm playing one of those instruments I made in another blog post. :)

See free Monkeyjam stop animations software.


             "Stop Motion"   "Stop animation"  "gnomes"  

Popular Posts