Goldfish Girl


A "High Key" Studio Portrait of a cute little girl discovering a goldfish. Yes, the goldfish is real, straight from my home aquarium. I drove him to the studio in a bowl with water and lid just for this portrait. 

As I mentioned in another post, for a "timeless" artistic portrait of a younger child, it's best to get their attention on something other than getting their picture made. 

My routine for taking all portraits is to have everything ready including light tests, about an hour before the clients arrive. You never know when something may malfunction. This also reduces stress. Be calm. Be prepared. 

My settings for high key studio photography

White background, white plastic on floor 
Both sides of the background metered light at f-11
Metered subject at f- 5.6
Camera 1/125 sec   f-5.6




Popular Posts