Night Photography, Moonrise Over Atlantic Ocean

 1/3 of a second

*The quality of the images did not reproduce very well in this blog.

 1.6 seconds




Night photos I took of the beautiful October moon rising over the ocean.  The location is Myrtle Beach State Park, SC. No editing has been done.

The equipment was a Nikon D70 camera, tripod and "flashlight".
Manual exposure  400 iso

I will bring a sandbag to put on the tripod the next time. The cold wind blowing the camera on the tripod is somewhat noticeable with the slower shutter speed. The water is naturally blurred because of the wave movement.

Here's a little tip - Activate the self timer instead of pressing the shutter button causing camera shake.  The darkness of the natural beach was a plus.

 Shortly after I took these photos, I saw my first meteor shower. It was over the ocean and few sparks fell off and on for a few hours where I was sitting. Amazing experience!

Popular Posts