1960's Magnavox Console Stereo



Magnavox 1960's Console Stereo



DIY Project -  I found this 1960's "Magnavox Console Stereo" in a thrift store for $15. I cleaned it up inside and out, lubed, touched up wood, and soaked the brass handles to bring back shine.....They were black with tarnish and grime. With a new needle and a 1960's album this piece looks and sounds great!

I modified the connections in the back to be able to play a cd player and mp3 player. I am thinking of a way to modify the top to support a medium size flat screen tv and still be able to get to the knobs. I will be able to play the sound through the stereo for nice booming stereo audio.

This thing is around 50 years old! It's too bad the the things they make today don't last this long.

With my retro lamp find, I'm very pleased. Oh, the cat is real. She is an apprentice and is under my nose every step of the way with all of my projects.



 vintage Magnavox Console Stereo, Record player



Popular Posts